Tuesday 24 April 2018

Pascoe Vale Swimming Pool




Courier, 5 February 1974. Mayor Alan Lugg
chatting to Robyn Tunchon of Sefton Street 
and Michael Hinton of Wicklow St., Pascoe Vale.


The article goes on to say that the pool manager Mr Mal Parker held swimming classes every summer and more than 1,000 youngsters had attended that summer.

This is the only photo I've ever seen of the Pascoe Vale Pool. I don't have any of my own as I only ever went there for school sports in early 1965 when I was in Form One at Newlands High School. After that the Coburg Olympic Pool was built in Murray Road and the days of venturing over to Pascoe Vale for a swim were well and truly over.

Don't suppose anyone out there has any photos they'd like to share? 




2 comments:

  1. Check my page, we have allot of old and new photos on Pascoe Vale Pool there. It has been in danger of being closed down so a group of residents have been fighting to keep it open and have council invest more money into it.
    https://www.facebook.com/savepascoevaleoutdoorpool/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Thanks, Mike. And thanks for sharing my posts on PV Pool. I'm pretty sure we went there for school house swimming sports before the Coburg Olympic Pool opened in Murray Road in Dec 1965. (I went to Newlands HS). No photos, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete