Saturday 4 January 2020

Nick Gadd's Melbourne Circle blog entry on Brunswick

Melbourne writer Nick Gadd wrote this about his Melbourne Circle project: 'Melbourne Circle is an account of a series of walks around the suburbs of Melbourne which I took in 2014-2016. Taken together, the walks form a circle around the city. Beginning in Williamstown in the south west, I walked in a clockwise direction, with very occasional brief detours into the city centre. The walk ended with a trip across the bay back to Williamstown, completing the circle.'

I came across the Melbourne Circle project in a serendipitous way, but stayed for ages just looking through the entries. I've been wandering around Brunswick for a decade now, taking photos, making notes and thinking I must do something about this. And here's an example of what can be done. Fantastic!

You can visit Nick Gadd's 18 Oct 2015 entry on Brunswick here

This is just one of the many wonderful photos in this entry. I've passed this place so many times and wondered who Miss R.E. Yon was. Now I know more!








1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I'm glad you like my blog. The Melbourne Circle book is out now and Miss R E Yon's shop appears in it!

    ReplyDelete